I’m a baker and a self confessed sugar addict. I also happen to be gluten intolerant. After many years of failed diets, food fads and broken New Year’s resolutions I think I have finally cracked it. Breakfast. And here’s why.
- Homemade granola (without refined sugar), greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries
- Bircher muesli (see the recipe below)
- Chia seed porridge with millet and buckwheat flakes. Use unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
Here are four great reasons for getting a good breakfast into me:
- A peaceful start to the day
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- A high fiber low carb breakfast results in more energy throughout the day.
- A good way to consume more nutrients due to grains, fruits and dairy.
Top Tip: Some of these ingredients can be shockingly expensive! Supervalu and Dunnes are doing their own brand of goji berries, flaxseeds and chia seeds so its worth shopping around a bit.